fbpx

Reply: Can we apply for Certification renewal in the first year of cycle ?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can we apply for Certification renewal in the first year of cycle ?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #13858

Manjunatha

's Avatar

Yes You have to pay $150
6 years 1 month ago #13182

Belinda

's Avatar

Hi,

I am not a PMI member any longer, however i have completed 60 PDU for my 1st cycle which consist of 3 years. Do i need to pay renewal fee for the next cycle of 3 years, and would it cost me USD150 since i am no longer a member. Please advise.
7 years 7 months ago #8157

Cornelius Fichtner

Christian,

Correct. You do NOT have to be a PMI member to renew your PMP status. However... The PMP credential renewal fee is $60 (U.S.) for PMI members and $150 (U.S.) for non-members.
7 years 7 months ago #8138

Christian Winter

Hello,
please correct me if I am wrong, but I think your PMI membership status (member / no member) does not matter for the renwal cycle of your PMP certificate. Even non PMI members can claim PDUs and renew their PMP certificate.
7 years 7 months ago #8124

Regina

's Avatar

Since I have just renewed in the first year of my three year cycle I can confirm: yes it is possible and no, it does not change the cycles (for me it was 2015 to 18 and I received a new certificate until 2021).
7 years 7 months ago #8092

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Mahesh,

I believe that that answer is yes. As soon as you have earned the minimum required amount of PDUs you can renew your certification. (I do recommend that you verify this with This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.).

But please note that this does NOT change your future cycles: Your current cycle is 9 Apr 2016 - 8 Apr 2019 and if you renew early that means that you simply "complete" the current cycle. Your next cycle will be 9 Apr 2019 - 8 Apr 2022.

Also note that you cannot "pre-earn PDUs" for the next cycle. PDUs that you earn before 9 Apr 2019 do NOT count for the next cycle. There are some exceptions to this rule, but generally speaking, if you renew your credential early, then it is best to wait with earning your next PDUs until your new cycle begins.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login