fbpx

Reply: limit for self learning

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : limit for self learning

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 8 months ago #7873

Hani

's Avatar

Thank you,
7 years 8 months ago #7846

Cornelius Fichtner

Hani,

We are currently in a transition period from the "old" to the "new" PDU Rules. Here is what we wrote on www.project-management-podcast.com/pdu about this:

60 PDUs only available for "New" Recertification Cycles

Please note that PMI has sent a clarification regarding your ability to claim 60 PDUs from The PM Podcast:

Any cycle end date before 1 December 2017 will continue to utilize the old rules for their current cycle.

This means that if your current recertification cycle ends before 1 December 2017 then you can only claim 30 PDUs from The PM Podcast and the old "PDU Categories" are still in effect for you. PMI is in the process of updating the CCRS website to clarify this for everyone.

So if PMI tells you that you cannot claim 60 PDUs from the podcast, then this means that your cycle falls within the above rule. (You can confirm this by writing back to PMI and asking them to confirm that this is indeed the case for you.)

To earn PDUs based on the old categories, please read this article here that I wrote. It includes a lot of ideas on how to earn them: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...sy-ways-to-earn-pdus
7 years 8 months ago #7845

Hani

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius,

to retain my PMP credential, I thought I can get 60 pdu from PMPodcast, and this is what I have been doing, but lately my approved pdu's where not applied to the dashboard, I asked PMI and they said I can only gain 30 PDUs for the 3 year cycle completing self-directed learning activities (reading, listening to podcasts, watching videos, etc) !!
I don't remember I ever read this note before!

I have already submitted 15 pdu as working as a professional, 30 pdus from PMpodcast, and now need 15 more pdu's, so what are my options now? My PMP cycle ends in September 2017.

NB: I do not like attending seminars!

thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login