fbpx

Reply: Re: PDUs for Six Sigma class offered through my company?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Re: PDUs for Six Sigma class offered through my company?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 month ago #7079

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Good response.

Good luck.
Best regards
8 years 1 month ago #7078

Cornelius Fichtner

John,

Very likely the answer is yes. But in order to say this with certainty, you will need to review the course curriculum. But you can only claim the PM related time for PDUs. So if the 16 hour course included 5 hours on project management (related to the PMBOK Guide Knowledge Areas) and 3 hours of leadership (for example team building) and 1 hour of business strategy, and the remaining 7 hours were about IT, then you can claim 9 PDUs.

My recommendations:
  1. Ask the provider of the course, if they have aligned this course with the new PMI talent triangle and how many PDUs you can claim
  2. Watch this free video here about the new PDU structure and learn how exactly you can earn your PDUs: www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pdu/pmis-pdu-secrets
  3. Watch this video here to see how I assign PDUs from The PM Podcast so you can earn PDUs www.project-management-podcast.com/index...ow-to-earn-free-pdus
These videos should help you better understand how the PDUs work and determine a better answer to your question.
8 years 1 month ago #7077

John C.

's Avatar

Hi all!
I've recently registered to take a Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification (2 day course), offered by my company. Would I would be to claim PDUs for taking this class? If so, how many? Or would that be something I would have to ask someone at PMI (Project Management Institute) about?

Someone please advise if you're able.

Thanks.

John

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login