fbpx

Reply: The Talent Triangle and the earned-yet PDUs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : The Talent Triangle and the earned-yet PDUs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 2 months ago #6886

Layal Khalil

's Avatar

Dear Cornelius,

First of all, I would like to thank so much for your help in all the Project Management process, and learning path. my question is that i had 22 PDUs earned before December, yet after December and through the mapping done by PMI, they put under "general education" and they didn't map it into the new triangle (they did map some of the other), but in the new triangle, i didn't earned yet a minimum of 8 PDU's in each. do i have to remap the 22 education into one of the triangle areas, or is it OK like that and are they gonna still count? (especially that i might not close the 8 PDUs in each triangle). to note that, I still only have 5 PDUs for renewal.
Moreover, I had 15 PDU's earned before December that they were mapped into (work as a practitioner) while i read that the maximum in this area is 8. should i do anything about it also or not?.

hope i am not being too much detailed. yet i eager to finish the 5 PDUs left to renew my certification (end date July 2016).

Thanks again and best regards
8 years 3 months ago #6697

Alphonse Rutayisire

Hi Lazard, as I would echo Cornelius's word of KEEP EARNING and add KEEP LEARNING! If you actually think about how the world will be looking like in the year 2022, you would agree with me that the concept of PDUs is not so much about keeping the certification active but a way to help Project Managers so that they can continue to be relevant, up-to-date and resourceful to the world and corresponding organisation.
Congratulations though for being far ahead!

Cheers
Alphonse
8 years 3 months ago #6682

Cornelius Fichtner

Lazard,

The answer is quite simple... KEEP EARNING!
8 years 3 months ago #6681

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL

Lazard Toe, ITBMC, MPM, CIPM, PMP, ITIL's Avatar

Hello,

I got my PMP certification on October 20, 2015 and renewed it yesterday after earned my 60pdus. My certification is valid until 2021. My question is if I should continue to earn PDUs for 2021-2024 or I should wait?

Thank you.
Best regards
8 years 3 months ago #6679

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Manlio,

First of all... don't worry! You will NOT lose a single PDU because of the change that PMI is introducing.

The PDUs that you have already earned will simply "roll over" into the new system and will be correctly applied to your renewal cycle. You can verify this simply by logging on to your account on the PMI CCRS website and review the numbers on your dashboard. (I just did this myself and all my numbers look 100% OK.)
8 years 4 months ago #6558

Manlio Igino Angelo Frizzi

Hello Cornelius and team,
I've earned 30 cat C PDUs and 6 Cat A PDUs, yet
Do these PDUs remain valid after the 1st of December? Or do I have to take some actions before the December 1st to transform these PDUs in the new format?
Will these PDUs get cancelled by my transcripts and do I need to restart from scratch?
Thank you in advance
Manlio Frizzi
PMP®-PMI

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login