fbpx

Reply: Category F PDUs

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Category F PDUs

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 5 months ago #6245

Tracey South

Manilo:

For Category F PDU's you can claim 5 PDU's per year. Here is the description of Category F PDU's from the PMI ( www.pmi.org/globals/~/media/Files/PDF/Ce...Structure_Final.ashx ). Please note the time required to gain the 5 PDU's per year.

From PMI:

For working as a project manager (project risk management professional, project
scheduling professional or program manager) for a minimum of 6 months within the 12
month period, you can earn a total of:
• 15 PDUs per cycle if you hold the PMP and/or PgMP credential(s)
• 7.5 PDUs per cycle if you hold the PMI-SP and/or PMI-RMP credential(s)
You may claim:
• 5 PDUs per 12-month period if you hold the PMP and/or PgMP credential(s)
• 2.5 PDUs per 12-month period if you hold the PMI-SP and/or PMI-RMP credential(s)
The PDUs claimed in this category count against the maximum of 45 PDUs (or, 20
PDUs for PMI-RMP and PMI-SP) allowed for “Giving Back to the Profession” categories
(Categories D, E, and F)[

Hope this helps.
Tracey
8 years 6 months ago #6214

Manlio Igino Angelo Frizzi

Hello Cornelius and team.
I'm a just two weeks certified PMP® (thanks pm-prepcast.com< pm-prepcast.com/ >).
I have a quick question:
I'm going to face a Proof of Concept in the Italian branches, that will last 3 weeks, I will plan the usage of resources, keep in touch with stakeholders (users in the branches, other figures like me in the other EMEA branches and upper level PM) schedule the activities to be performed, participate in the weekly meetings, prepare table with gathered data, in a functional organization.

This PoC is meant to decide if going ahead with the real project, after having gathered performances measurements and users feedbacks.

The question is: must this PoC be considered a three weeks project ( unique and temporary endeavor) were I act as a local expeditor?

If this can be considered a project, how I can clam the relative PDUs and what categories those PDUs will be ( I think category "F" PDUs )

But category F do not count as 1 hour = 1 PDU; so, another question: 1 hour spent on PoC = ? PDUs

Anyway, I've reviewed the prepacast lesson on PDUs, and I think that for category F PDUs I just need to maintain my job description current. Correct? Any other hints?

Thank you very much.
Manlio

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login