fbpx

TOPIC: Categories F PDUs

Categories F PDUs 8 years 6 months ago #6195

• Manlio
  • Manlio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cornelius and team.
I'm a just two weeks certified PMP® (thanks pm-prepcast.com).
I have a quick question:
I'm going to face a Proof of Concept in the Italian branches, that will last 3 weeks, I will plan the usage of resource, keep in touch with stakeholders (users in the branches, other figures like me in the other EMEA branches and upper level PM) schedule the activities to be performed, participate in the weekly meetings, prepare table with gathered data, in a functional organization.

This PoC is meant to decide if going ahead with the real project, after having gathered performances measurements and users feedbacks.

The question is: must this PoC be considered a three weeks project were I act as a local expeditor?

If this can be considered a project, how I can clam the relative PDUs and what categories those PDUs will be?

In the meanwhile I've gone deeper and I found that for categories F PDUs I've to mantain my job description upp to date ;)

Please confirm I'm correct.

Thank you very much.
Manlio

Categories F PDUs 8 years 6 months ago #6200

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Manlio,

You are absolutely correct!

As a certified PMP you earn PDUs not for each individual project but "just because" you are employed and working as a project manager. So there is no need to track your projects. Just make sure that either your job description describes your PM duties, or (if your job description doesn't) then make sure that you have a project charter that lists you as the PM.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manlio Igino Angelo Frizzi
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login