fbpx

Reply: PDU Requirement changes for CCR

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDU Requirement changes for CCR

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 months ago #6181

Cornelius Fichtner

Thorsten,

How funny that you should ask this, because we just worked on that yesterday in the CCRS. It is as follows:

Technical 28, Leadership 2.5, and Strategic 4.5 = 35

Please note that this is only of importance if you watch The PM PrepCast AFTER you passed your PMP exam and use it to earn PDUs. The CCRS system will automatically apply these numbers for you.

This if of absolutely ZERO consequence to you, if you are watching The PM PrepCast IN PREPARATION of your exam and submit "Contact Hours" on your PMP application. In this case it's simply "35 Contact Hours" without any of the talent triangle categories.
8 years 6 months ago #6180

Thorsten

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius,

to what amount will the PDUs from the PM Prepcast be devided into the new required categories (starting from December, 1st)?

Technical Project Management:
Knowledge, skills and behaviors related to specific domains of Project, Program and Portfolio Management.

Leadership:
Knowledge, skills and behaviors specific to leadership-oriented, cross-cutting skills that help an organization achieve its business goals.

Business and Strategic:
Knowledge of and expertise in the industry or organization that enhances performance and better delivers business outcomes.
8 years 9 months ago #5716

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Suhel,

First of all... DON"T WORRY! PMI has a very long timetable for this particular change. It will take up to 3 years until everyone is switched over to the new system.

The final decisions on how things are changing and when exactly they are changing will be made public by PMI in the next 3-4 months. Until then we just have to wait. So for the time being we can pretty much say that "nothing changes" and you can continue to earn & claim PDUs as before.

For more details, please listen to my PM Podcast interview with John Kleine from PMI, where he explains many of the changes:

www.project-management-podcast.com/index...categories-explained

The most important fact from this interview is this: MOST of what you know already about earning PDUs will remain the same!
8 years 9 months ago #5715

Suhel Siddique

PDU requirement is changing effective December 2015 for renewal. I am PMP since last month and If I plan to earn all the 60 PDU's before December 2015, will I be filling in the requirement based on the current PDU requirement or changed requirement?

I read an article where it says the new requirement is effective for certain certification expiry dates earlier or before, which is leaving me confused.

I am in process of starting my ITIL Foundation certification which would get me 30 PDU's what catageory would that PDU would fall in?

Please Advise!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login