fbpx

Reply: PDUs for CCR

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PDUs for CCR

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 9 months ago #5709

Cornelius Fichtner

Ramesh,

I have personally taught several PMP exam prep classes in the past for my local PMI chapter and have submitted the hours spent preparing & teaching for my PMP renewal. PMI has accepted all my submissions without blinking an eye.

My answers to your questions

1)Can they (the PMP coach) claim PDUs for their CCR maintenance?

Yes!

2) If yes, under Cat-A or Cat-B?

That depends on the organization for whom you are delivering the course. If the sponsoring organization is an R.E.P. then Cat A. If they are not an R.E.P. then it's Cat B.

3) Does this submission be supported by any certs?
4) If yes, What are they? Usually we get PMP training certs at par with trainees? Would it be fine or need a denovo cert?

I'm not 100% certain that I understand the question... are you asking if the trainer has to be "training certified"...? No. The trainer does not have to have a training/teaching certificate. (However, someone teaching a PMP class should be PMP certified...)

5) Non-rep also eligible to conduct workshops?

Yes. Not a problem!

6) Planning to set up a training org for PMP aspirants - how to move ahead with this proposal

This question is beyond our forum here because you are basically asking how to set up a project management training company. However, step 1 in this process is to develop your business plan.
8 years 9 months ago #5705

Steve Sandoval

Ramesh,

Time spent developing course content and/or serving as an instructor should qualify as Category D PDUs: "Creating New Project Managment Knowledge". I encourage you to review the relevant section of the PMP Handbook on CCR requirements. Note that the CCR definitions are changing -- I encourage you to also read PMI's webpage on the updates that are effective this fall.

If I'm reading your questions correctly, you also appear interested in being able to hand out official certificates for Cat-A PDUs for the training that you provide. In order to do this, you would need to become a Registered Education Provider (REP) with PMI. There is information on the REP program available from PMI.
8 years 9 months ago #5703

Ramesh

's Avatar

PMP Credential holders in good standing usually keep hosting workshops for new PMP aspirants typically for 4 days @ 9 hours a day. This way they invest 35 hours of their time and effort towards PM education. Now my questions are ....

1)Can they (the PMP coach) claim PDUs for their CCR maintenance?
2) If yes, under Cat-A or Cat-B?
3) Does this submission be supported by any certs?
4) If yes, What are they? Usually we get PMP training certs at par with trainees? Would it be fine or need a denovo cert?
5) Non-rep also eligible to conduct workshops?
6) Planning to set up a training org for PMP aspirants - how to move ahead with this proposal

Appreciate good insights my co-PMPs

Have a great day ahead

sd/- Ramesh, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login