fbpx

Reply: PM PrepCast (For PMBOK Guide 5th Edition)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM PrepCast (For PMBOK Guide 5th Edition)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 11 months ago #5423

Cornelius Fichtner

Nick,

The general rule is simply this: PDUs are granted if you learn something new about project management. So ask yourself simply this: Can I apply what I have read/heard on my projects?

Episode 312 includes 5 interviews that all talk about how to pass the PMP exam. That is not really new knowledge, because you cannot apply this on your actual projects. So it doesn't count toward PDUs.

Episode 316 on the other hand is an interview about Project Workflow Management. And because there is no doubt that this could be applied to real-life projects, you can claim PDUs for that episode.

But there is a much easier way to do this. Don't try and submit 30 x 1 hours of PDUs to the system. Instead, follow this recommendation from www.pm-podcast.com/pdu :

Q: Should I claim PDUs for each episode that I listen to?

A: You have to report a minimum of 1 Category C PDUs. Since most of our episodes are 30 minutes in duration, you have to listen to at least 2 episodes on the same topic and then claim them together. But we recommend that you simplify even more: Instead of claiming 30 x 1 PDU for listening to our podcast, go ahead and claim 1 x 30 PDUs. Here is how: Regularly listen to the podcast, keep track of the episodes that you heard, and then claim 30 PDUs once you have listened to at least 60 episodes.

8 years 11 months ago #5413

Nicolas Vivanco

Thank you!

You mentioned that you offer 30 free PDUs. Are they any specific episodes? Or any from PM-Podcast count towards the PDUs?
8 years 11 months ago #5410

Nicolas Vivanco

Thanks Cornelius! I will look into the Agile Prepcast.

At the same time you mentioned that there are 30 free PDUs by listening to your podcast. Does this mean all episodes? For example Episode 312 Part 4: PMP Exam Coaching Experience with Derek Satz (Free), does this count towards my PDU count by listening to it? Or do I have to listen to a specific episode that qualify as a PDU?

Thanks,

Nick
8 years 11 months ago #5405

Cornelius Fichtner

Nick,

Yes. If you are already PMP certified, then you can watch The PM PrepCast and earn 35 PDUs in the process. Please see www.pm-prepcast.com/pdu for more about the details.

Please note: If you used The PM PrepCast in order to prepare for your PMP exam, then you cannot claim the 35 PDUs, because you already claimed 35 Contact Hours from the PrepCast on your application. (You can only claim the 35 hours once).

However, my recommendation for certified PMPs is this: Try The Agile PrepCast instead. The Agile PrepCast is the same price as The PM PrepCast (currently $179.99) and it has two benefits over The PM PrepCast

1) It qualifies for 37 PDUs (instead of 35)
2) It introduces you to NEW concepts, whereas The PM PrepCast would only be a repetition of the things you studied for your PMP already.

So the best thing to do... go to www.agileprepcast.com/pdu and use the 37 PDUs from here instead.
8 years 11 months ago #5404

Dawn Upperman

Hi Nicolas,

I would think not, especially if you already used the PM PrepCast to earn your 35 contact hours.
8 years 11 months ago #5403

Nicolas Vivanco

Does re-watching the PM PrepCast (For PMBOK Guide 5th Edition) qualify as PDUs? This would be category C?

Thanks,

Nick

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login