fbpx

Reply: Where can I get online Training Courses?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Where can I get online Training Courses?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 1 month ago #5262

's Avatar

Question:
I would like to have online training courses from a PMI Approved or Registered provider, to earn 60 PDUs (category A) required to maintain my PMP. Please help!!

Answer:
Hello Ahmed,
Save your money because you don't need to earn 60 PDUs in Category A. It is better (and cheaper!) if you "mix and match" a few categories together. You should at least consider matching categories A, C and F. Here is my recommended "three categories" approach:

1.) Earn 15 PDUs in Category A. These are PDUs provided by Registered Education Providers through various courses online or in person. I offer two courses in this category: The Agile PrepCast at www.agileprepcast.com/pdu and The PDU Podcast at www.pducast.com . The cost is currently $179.99 for The Agile PrepCast and $199.99 for The PDU Podcast.

2.) Earn 30 PDUs in Category C: These are FREE PDUs provided by many training companies. I myself offer these free PDUs through The Project Management Podcast at www.pm-podcast.com/pdu . The cost is zero dollars!

3.) Earn 15 PDUs in Category F: These are FREE PDUs that you can claim if you are employed as a project manager. So if you are employed as a project manager during your 3-year recertification cycle, then all you have to do is claim these PDUs from PMI. You get these just for doing your job!

So you see, it is not necessary to pay for 60 PDUs in Category A. It's much cheaper to mix and match.

If you are currently unemployed then the above approach still works, because my two recommended courses for Category A provide over 15 PDUs. Theoretically you can just follow my recommendations 1.) and 2.) and you have already earned more than enough PDUs!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login