fbpx

Reply: Taking Courses based on PMBOK5 to earn PDUs!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Taking Courses based on PMBOK5 to earn PDUs!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 months ago #5054

's Avatar

Question: If I passed the PMP exam based on PMBOK4 Edition, Can I take PMP Courses that are based on PMBOK5 to earn PDUs?

Answer:

Yes, that is possible!

If you passed your PMP exam with PMBOK4, then you can take a course for PMBOK5 and earn PDUs for it. Many training companies offer their courses especially for that - we do the same by offering www.pm-prepcast.com/pdu .

However... I personally do NOT recommend this approach because as a PMP you already know the PMBOK Guide. Yes, there are differences between PMBOK4 and PMBOK5, but these differences don't really matter that much to you as a certified PMP and active project manager.

So instead of learning about PMBOK5, I recommend that your learn about something new. Learn about Agile, portfolio management, project leadership or change management. Learning about these topics will teach you new skills, instead of repeating those topics that you already learned about for your PMP Exam.
If I passed the PMP exam based on PMBOK4 Edition, Can I take PMP Courses that are based on PMBOK5 to earn PDUs?

Answer:

Yes, that is possible!

If you passed your PMP exam with PMBOK4, then you can take a course for PMBOK5 and earn PDUs for it. Many training companies offer their courses especially for that - we do the same by offering www.pm-prepcast.com/pdu .

However... I personally do NOT recommend this approach because as a PMP you already know the PMBOK Guide. Yes, there are differences between PMBOK4 and PMBOK5, but these differences don't really matter that much to you as a certified PMP and active project manager.

So instead of learning about PMBOK5, I recommend that your learn about something new. Learn about Agile, portfolio management, project leadership or change management. Learning about these topics will teach you new skills, instead of repeating those topics that you already learned about for your PMP Exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login