fbpx

Reply: Can i use PDU's earned for both PMP & ACP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can i use PDU's earned for both PMP & ACP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 years 2 months ago #5041

Manjusha Guntur

Thanks for your reply :)
9 years 2 months ago #5027

Cornelius Fichtner

Manjusha,

First of all... if your are preparing for a PMI Exam (like PMP or PMI-ACP) then you don't need "PDUs". You need "Contact Hours". The difference between the two is minimal, but just to be formally correct, as a Student of The PM PrepCast who is preparing for the PMP exam, you are earning "Contact Hours" and not "PDUs".

With that out of the way, the Contact Hour requirements for these exams are as follows:

a) PMP Exam requires 35 Contact Hours in general project management training

b) PMI-ACP Exam requires 21 Contact Hours in Agile practices training

And this means that you CANNOT use the Contact Hours you earn from The PM PrepCast for your PMI-ACP application because The PM PrepCast does not teach Agile practices. The PM PrepCast teaches "only" general PM principles.

If you need to earn 21 Contact Hours for your PMI-ACP Exam then please purchase a copy of The Agile PrepCast, which is specifically designed to help you prepare for your PMI-ACP Exam. You can learn more at www.agileprepcast.com .
9 years 2 months ago #5026

Manjusha G

's Avatar

I purchased PM PrepCast and took the final assessment and earned 35 PDU's. Can i use these PDU's to write both PMP and ACP? I am planning to write PMP in March and ACP shortly after that. i appreciate your reply.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login