fbpx

Reply: Claiming PDUs for teaching project mgmt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Claiming PDUs for teaching project mgmt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11160

Ashish

's Avatar

Hi Alexandra,
I am in a similar situation, I am teaching a 48 hour class spread over Apr-Jul/Aug so I was wondering how I should report my PDU's from teaching.

Regards,
Ashish
9 years 4 months ago #4884

Cornelius Fichtner

Alexandra,

Teaching falls under Category D - Creating New Project Management Knowledge. In particular "Serving as a speaker or instructor for project management related courses and presentations".

PMI says that if you are audited for a PDU claim in this category then they are going to want to see the following:

Copies of publications, sample educational materials or course agenda

So my suggestion for you is as follows:
  • Keep copies of all materials and marketing info about the course
  • Keep a log file in which you track your time. Both preparation time as well as actual teaching time.
Once the course is over you can go ahead and claim all PDUs at once. You can claim 1 PDU for each hour of preparation and actual teaching.

But keep in mind that there is a maximum of 45 hours that you can claim in total for categories D, E and F combined. So if you already claimed 15 hours for F, then you can only claim 30 for teaching.
9 years 4 months ago #4883

Alexandra

's Avatar

Hello - I have a question about how to document and claim hours for teaching a class on project management. I received my PMP last November, and am teaching a 15-week course on project mgmt to college students. I'm wondering the best way to document the hours spent in preparation and in teaching so that I can claim these as PDUs. Thanks for your insights and advice! -Alexandra

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login