fbpx

Reply: Does Six Sigma Training Count as PDUs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Does Six Sigma Training Count as PDUs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16649

Sruti

's Avatar

Hello! How many PDUs would a 1 week long Yellow Belt six sigma training count for? I understand that it's usually 1 PDU/hour, but 40 PDUs seem too high to request. Thanks!
5 years 11 months ago #13885

John Wolverton

Yes it counts, just go to your dashboard and fill in the details. You can see they gave me part credit based on the course description.
Best Wishes
jfw
Attachments:
5 years 11 months ago #13883

Anonymous

's Avatar

Safwaan - have you received an answer to this? I have the same question.
5 years 11 months ago #13882

Anonymous

's Avatar

Safwaan - have you received an answer to this? I'm struggling with the same situation; completed both yellow and green formal training but the provider is not listed as a PMI accredited provider.
6 years 1 week ago #13667

Safwaan

's Avatar

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. how did you list the PDU's after quantifying them if the service provider was not a PMI accredited service provider or the service provider or the course does not come up in the drop down list, that is what I am struggling with as their isn't a "other" option. Can you please assist as to how you logged yours, was yours from PMI accredited service provider?

Regards,

Safwaan Kamaledien
6 years 2 weeks ago #13611

John Wolverton

Safwaan
Option 2: Calculate it yourself
You can earn PDUs from pretty much "any" project management related training. The general rule is as follows: "1 hour of instruction related to project management, project risk, project scheduling, or program management equals 1 PDU". So if your training provider cannot tell you how many PDUs you earn, then you need to calculate this yourself. Simply review the course curriculum and add up all the hours of PM related training you received. My personal rule of thumb is this: If the training is closely related to the PMBOK Guide or if it helps me directly to manage my projects, then the training qualifies for PDUs.
I just did it for my Lean BB, was quick and easy.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login