fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam is changing at the end of July.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam is changing at the end of July.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 3 weeks ago #4090

Anne Booc

Question:
The PMP Exam is changing at the end of July, when PMI is updating it to the PMBOK Guide fifth edition. Does this have any effect on my PMP status? Do I have to take the test again?

Answer:
No. The fact that PMI updates the exam has no effect on everyone who is already certified. For example: I took my exam in 2004 and since then the Exam has been updated 3 times. Just like everyone else I have to earn 60 PDUs every 3 years and go through the re-certification process, but I did not have to take the PMP exam again. The good news is that the publication of the new PMBOK Guide is also an opportunity for us PMPs to earn additional PDUs, because many companies now offer courses that are based on the new PMBOK Guide. Since we all took our exams based on a previous version of the guide this means that we can now take PMBOK fifth edition based courses and earn PDUs for them.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login