fbpx

Reply: Can you claim PDU in the same course?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Can you claim PDU in the same course?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 6 months ago #6216

J Wynn

's Avatar

What about different editions or releases? Thanks
10 years 3 days ago #4082

Anne Booc

Question:
According to the PMI handbook Page 44, "You cannot claim participation in the same course or activity more than once". Does this mean that if I claim category A PDU credit for a specific archived video from a PMI R.E.P. during one CCR cycle, then I cannot claim credit for watching that same video ever again? - by Bunny78

Answer:
Yes. You are correct. Once you claim PDUs for a specific activity (i.e. participating in Course X) then you cannot claim PDUs again for this course in the future.

The idea behind the PMI CCRS is that you continuously learn about new areas of project management. Therefore you can only claim PDUs for the same course/activity once.

What I didn't mention in my answer was that luckily this isn't such a problem nowadays, because many organizations (ours included) offer a lot of free PDU opportunities. So you won't really have too much trouble finding new PDU activities to participate in during your next cycle.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login