fbpx

TOPIC: Q: Where to Publish PM Articles to Earn PDUs?

Q: Where to Publish PM Articles to Earn PDUs? 10 years 11 months ago #3313

• Anne Booc
  • Anne Booc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Where can I Publish my Project Management Articles to earn PDUs?

In our last newsletter we learned that you can earn PDUs for every hour that you spend writing project management related articles (up to a max of 45 PDUs). I am sure that as a proactive PM you immediately took action and wrote your first article right there and then. So now that you have your first article completed you need to publish it. But where?

From my past discussions with PMI I have learned that PMI does not have a list of specific publication channels where you must publish. The important factors to remember is that the article must discuss project management topics and is published where other project managers are likely to find it.

Here are some suggestions:
  • Start your own blog at www.wordpress.org . Having your own blog gives you credibility as a PM and it will also encourage you to write more and earn more PDUs.
  • Become a guest blogger. If you are not ready to start your own blog, simply contact another blogger and ask her/him if they might be interested in publishing your article on their website as a guest blogger.
  • Send your article to your local PMI chapter for inclusion in their newsletter
  • Publish it on a PM Community website like www.gantthead.com or www.theicpm.com . Very soon we will offer our own community website for you to use.
  • Send it to the publishers of online PM newsletter and allow them to include it in their next publication
  • Create an account at an article directory website like www.ezinearticles.com and publish the article here.

• Als
o remember to always keep records of your articles, so that you can show to PMI during an audit that you truly deserve to have earned these PDUs:
  • Keep a copy of your article
  • Make a print screen of the website where your article was published
  • Keep a copy of the magazine where your article was printed

Q: Where to Publish PM Articles to Earn PDUs? 2 years 6 months ago #28354

• Neeharica
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does writing an article on my LinkedIn LinkedIn profile count towards my PDUs?

Thank you in advance for the help!

Q: Where to Publish PM Articles to Earn PDUs? 2 years 6 months ago #28355

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Yes, I would say that it does, as long as it's your own work (obviously) and is related to project management. There are loads of PMs on LinkedIn, and a growing community of content creators who write articles, so I think that's a good place to publish your articles.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAnne BoocMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login