fbpx

TOPIC: Q: What are the major changes in the PDU System?

Q: What are the major changes in the PDU System? 10 years 11 months ago #3285

• Anne Booc
  • Anne Booc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Question:
What are the major changes in regards to the “PDU system” that PMI introduced this year?

Answer:
The two areas that stand out for me are the simplification of the PDU categories and the increase of the maximum of “easy PDUs” that you can earn.

Under the old “PDU System” (officially called CCRS, Continuing Certification Requirements System) you could select to earn your PDUs in one of 18 categories. There were categories, sub-categories and even sub-sub-categories. It was all rather confusing for most of us.

The new PDU structure has just 6 categories and is therefore massively simpler.

We will be reviewing the individual categories in future newsletters. The good news is that the updated rules are also massively fairer in that throughout the PDU categories 1 hour of activity qualifies for 1 PDU, and that some earning limits have been increased.

And this increase is the second area of improvement that I welcome very much. Under the old system, you could earn a maximum of 15 PDUs for listening to project management related podcasts. This number has now been raised to 30.

This means that The Project Management Podcast, which I have been producing since 2005, can now offer up to 30 PDUs at absolutely no cost to you. For more information on this please see www.pm-podcast.com/pdu .
Last edit: by Anne Booc.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAnne BoocMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login