fbpx

Reply: Q:Is this possible to revalidate my certification?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q:Is this possible to revalidate my certification?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3283

Anne Booc

Question:
Is this possible to revalidate my PMP certification with the following:
1st year - 10 pdus
2nd year - 20 pdus
3rd year - 30 pdus: The total is 60pdus or it has to be 20pdus per year? Thank you.

Question from Oyeniran

Answer:
The best way to keep your certification alive is to try and earn 20 PDUs every year. In that way, you spread your learning and growing experience over the three available years. This approach is not only in "the spirit" of the word "Continuous" of PMI's Continuous Certification Requirements (CCR) Program, but it also helps you to spread out the time that you invest in your recertification over the 3 available years.

However, that much said, it doesn't really matter how many and in which year you actually earn your PDUs. The example that you have given is a valid way to earn them. If you want to, you could even go ahead and earn 0 PDUs in the first two years and then earn all 60 PDUs in the third year. There is nothing stopping you from doing this.

But based on personal experience and from my conversations with other PMPs I have learned that earning PDUs regularly is the best approach. If we earn 0 or just a few PDUs in one year, then we tend to get lazy and we carry this behavior into the next year as well. And suddenly we are faced with the need to earn 40 or more PDUs in one year because we got complacent.

So try and keep a steady rhythm going and set your target to earning 20 PDUs every year.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login