fbpx

Reply: Q: Attending a 2 day Event. Can I claim PDUs?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q: Attending a 2 day Event. Can I claim PDUs?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3276

's Avatar

Question:
I attended a two-day Project Management conference held by my company. Can I claim PDUs for this? And if yes... how many can I claim and under which category?

This question is from Syam Prasad, from Bangalore, India

Answer:
Yes you can! PDUs can be earned by attending any and all project management conferences, symposiums and workshops as long as the topics presented are related to project management. In particular, the topics presented have to be substantially consistent with the PMBOK Guide. I always recommend that you ask the organizer of the event if they offer PDUs for PMI credential holders before signing up. Because if they do, then you usually receive some kind of a "receipt" that shows how many PDUs you have earned. If the organizer doesn't offer this, then you can easily work it out yourself:

Look at each of the presentations that you will attend.

Identify, if it is consistent with The PMBOK Guide

If yes, then for each hour that you attend a presentations will earn you 1 PDU

So if you feel that out of an 8-hour day 6 hours are valid, then you can claim 6 PDUs

If the organizer of the event is a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) then they will figure it out for you. You will be able to claim category-3 PDUs in PMI's online Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS) at www.pmi.org/ccrs . If the organizer is not a PMI R.E.P. then you will need to claim category-4 PDUs.

Keep records of your attendance in both cases. I always keep my PDU "receipt", the agenda and the sign-up confirmation showing that I have attended the event. This can be helpful in case you get audited.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login