fbpx

Reply: Q: Being PMP & PMI. How can I earn PDUs for both?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Q: Being PMP & PMI. How can I earn PDUs for both?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 11 months ago #3271

's Avatar

Question:
I am both a PMP and PMI-RMP. How can I earn PDUs for both credentials?

Answer:
As a PMP you have to earn 60 PDUs and as a PMI-RMP you have to earn 30 PDUs in the specialized area of Risk Management. But don't worry! You don't need to add them up and earn 90 PDUs to cover both certificates. You just need "the right" PDUs.

The simple answer is that you have to find PDU offerings that are valid for both credentials at the same time.

If you attend a workshop on Risk Management that offers 10 PDUs that means that you earn (at the same time) 10 PDUs towards your PMP Credential and also 10 PDUs towards your PMP-RMP credential. So if you are the lucky holder of 2 or more PMI credentials focus on taking courses that offer PDUs in the specialized area and report them. The PMI's online CCR system is clever enough to apply these PDUs to all of your credentials for which they are valid. Every time you claim a PDU activity through the online system, it will automatically apply the PDUs to all credentials for which they are valid.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login