fbpx

TOPIC: Q: What is the best way to earn inexpensive PDUs?

Q: What is the best way to earn inexpensive PDUs? 11 years 1 week ago #3270

• Anne Booc
  • Anne Booc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Question:

What is the best way to earn inexpensive PDUs?

Answer:

That is a really difficult question to answer because everyone has a different interpretation of what "the best way" means. Personally, I really enjoy teaching in a classroom style setting. My local PMI chapter organizes PMP workshops about twice a year and I try and teach one subject at each workshop. It takes me about 2-3 hours to read through the materials and then I teach the class for 4 hours. I earn 10 PDUs for this training activity.

But I completely understand that there are PMPs out there who don't like to teach. Instead they prefer to write project management related articles for a journal (up to 15 PDUs), others like to volunteer for their PMI Chapter (up to 10 PDUs), and others again prefer to earn their PDUs by going to various classes on project management.

But in the end, it really boils down to two factors: First, you have to understand how the PDU system works, and second, you must know where to find PDU opportunities.

It is my goal to help you with both factors through The PDU Insider newsletter: I want you to understand the PDU system (officially called CCR) and bring good PDU opportunities to you with every issue.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasAnne BoocMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonDaniel SoerensenCoy Studer Christian Elmer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login