fbpx

Reply: CAPM PDU renewal

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM PDU renewal

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24334

Muhammad Amirul Haziq Musa

Hi Cornelius,

Appreciate your prompt reply. Thank you
3 years 4 months ago #24325

Cornelius Fichtner

Muhammad,

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. Recently, PMI allows for CAPM holders to renew CAPM certification instead of having to redo the CAPM exam after the 5 year period. So, can I use my PDU from my Agile PrepCast (refer to point 2) to renew my CAPM? PDU required for CAPM renewal is 15 PDU.
>> Yes, because you passed your CAPM exam BEFORE you purchased The Agile PrepCast. This means you watched the lessons after you passed the exam.

2. Could I also use my CAPM PrepCast to renew my PMI-ACP although I have purchased it earlier (the year 2019)? PDU needed for PMI-ACP renewal is 30 PDU.
>> No, because you purchased and watched The CAPM PrepCast BEFORE you passed your PMP exam. You cannot claim PDUs for anything you did BEFORE passing the exam.

3. I believed we have about 3 years to get the certifications renewed. So, I can get my certification renewed at any time within the 3 years period. Eg renewing during the 1st year or am I only allowed to renew it in the final year (3rd year)?
>> You can renew at any time. But the cycle remains the same. For example: If your current cycle ends on March 20th, 2022 and you decide to renew today, then your cycle will STILL end on March 20th, 2022. So an early renewal simply "closes out" the renewal requirements, but the cycle remains the same.
3 years 4 months ago #24319

Hi Yolanda,
I have yet to receive any response from the support team but thank you for the help. I will email the support team regarding the question mentioned. Thank you
3 years 5 months ago #23910

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Muhammad Amirul,

I have forwarded your queries to our support team and they will be in touch with you.

Feel free to contact our support at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. should you have any questions.
3 years 5 months ago #23908

Hi All,

I am both CAPM and PMI-ACP certified.
1. Purchased CAPM PrepCast with Exam simulator on Sept 2019, I passed my CAPM in June 2020 and the certification is valid until June 2025 (5years).
2. Purchased Agile PrepCast with Exam simulator on June 2020, I passed my PMI-ACP in October 2020 and the certification is valid until June 2023 (3years).

I have several questions regarding PDU renewal.
1. Recently, PMI allows for CAPM holders to renew CAPM certification instead of having to redo the CAPM exam after the 5 year period. So, can I use my PDU from my Agile PrepCast (refer to point 2) to renew my CAPM? PDU required for CAPM renewal is 15 PDU.
2. Could I also use my CAPM PrepCast to renew my PMI-ACP although I have purchased it earlier (the year 2019)? PDU needed for PMI-ACP renewal is 30 PDU.
3. I believed we have about 3 years to get the certifications renewed. So, I can get my certification renewed at any time within the 3 years period. Eg renewing during the 1st year or am I only allowed to renew it in the final year (3rd year)?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login