fbpx

Reply: Business Analysis Plan?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Business Analysis Plan?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18959

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Martin,

There is only 1 mention of “business analysis plan” in the PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition: p. 137. The Business Analysis Plan is interchangeable with the Requirements Management Plan, according to the PMBOK reference. There’s more nuance to it than that, but for the purpose of the exam, that’s what you need to know.

You’ve got to read this question carefully. It begins with 3 mentions about changes and modifications, but really wants to know at the end of the question about how requirements are managed. Tricky! But valuable, because I encountered many types of questions like this on the real exam.

Nail down what is being asked. It’s hard in many cases. When I got really stuck, it became a process of elimination on the 4 answer choices. I described them in my head and tried to differentiate them. What’s the point of the Change Management Plan vs. Configuration Management Plan vs. Requirements Traceability Matrix? Eliminate Requirements Traceability Matrix. It does not tell you HOW to do something (a plan does). In simple terms, throw out Change Management Plan and Configuration Management Plan. They deal with CHANGES to documents, deliverables, or baselines (Change Management Plan) and technical PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS and FEATURES (Configuration Management Plan).

That leaves you with Business Analysis Plan. Yes, it is hard to select an answer you’re not familiar with. Yes, it takes courage and practice. If you can say “no” in your head to the other 3 options, select what is left and conserve your time for questions that will be more familiar to you.
4 years 5 months ago #18717

Martin Premont

Never heard of that term before and cannot find it in the PMBOK 6.

I selected B as I've never heard of Business Analysis Plan before!!!
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login