fbpx
NEVER post copyrighted questions. Always state where questions come from. We take copyright violations very serious. Any copyrighted materials will be removed and the posters account will be deactivated.

TOPIC: Difference between Non-event & event risk

Difference between Non-event & event risk 4 years 7 months ago #18353

• Ashvini
  • Ashvini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
While reading the PMBOK 6 , I came across the terms non-event & event risks. Their types are mentioned but definitions are not mentioned . Please share their definitions for better understanding.

Difference between Non-event & event risk 4 years 4 weeks ago #20398

• Carlos Mancuso
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I didn't find definitions either, at first, but then I understood that they 'define by examples'. They are on page 398.
About Variability Risks, they say "uncertainty exists about some key characteristics of an event, activity," etc. Maybe you cannot properly analyze (qualitative, quantitative) and therefore cannot plan an appropriate Response. In that case they suggest to use Monte Carlo analysis to "reduce the spread of possible outcomes".
Likewise, they 'define' Ambiguity Risks with situations where you simply don't know enough to build a solid plan and get to work without worries. The suggested approach here is to get external expert help, benchmark, prototype, etc.
I hope it helps!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinJean KwandaElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login