fbpx

Reply: Two questions on Rejection of Deliverables

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Two questions on Rejection of Deliverables

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 10 months ago #5542

Paresh Sharma

The full explanation in RMC is as below -
The question is written from the sellers perspective, the contract could be wrong or the customer could be wrong but this should have been identified earlier if proper project management is followed. A seller cannot issue a change request(although they can request one). Did you select meeting all the team members? Remember project management is not about making every decisions will all the team members. the best choice is involving the concerned team member and reviewing the requirements. If such a problem has arisen it could mean that something was wrong in WBS dictionary or in how the member completed the work

Therefore a,b and d are not the correct choices

i think the only thing that remains relevant is that since the question is from sellers perspective raising a change request is not an option and thus through process of elimination c is the right choice. However should we use this as a general rule?
8 years 10 months ago #5532

Cornelius Fichtner

I'm sorry Paresh, but I do not have an answer for you on this.

Does RMC have a detailed explanation why B) is not correct?
8 years 10 months ago #5461

Paresh Sharma

Hi Recently i had practiced two questions regarding Rejection of Deliverables -
1. PMP Prepcast the question was in Scope Management -
Customer has rejected the deliverable what should PM do
a. issue change request
b. negotiate with customer to approve deliverable
c. escalate the issue to project sponsor
d. ask the project team to make required changes immediately

2. in RMC - Procurements - you are a seller you made a delivery buyer refuses saying it does not meet specific requirements what should you do
a. explain contract is wrong and revise contract (there are some wishy washy details in question on contract not relevant)
b. issue a change order
c. review requirements with the team member who made the deliverable
d. discuss with team

As per standard process i would assume all corrective actions will also require a change request and therefore i had chosen the same answer for both questions. but where as in scope management it is correct in Procurement it is wrong
As per explanation - From perspective of the seller - a seller cannot issue a change request

Can someone explain why in Q2 a CR is not an appropriate choice

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login