fbpx

Reply: 75 Questions - Oliver Lehmann!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 75 Questions - Oliver Lehmann!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14560

Cornelius Fichtner

Rasool,

PMI does not state which other books they use in developing the PMP exam. However, I have been told by PMI representatives that the books used are "well-known project management books". This means we know that the PMBOK Guide and several other, 'well-known' books are used. But not which others.
5 years 8 months ago #14554

rasool

's Avatar

what are the preferred reference books other than PMPOK
9 years 1 month ago #5159

Robert Treacy

Craig,

I agree on the difficulty level. I had read the PMBOK once, studied it in detail on a second pass, and referenced it again as I went through the study guide by Aileen Ellis. I had been scoring mid to high 80's on her questions and about the same for the PrepCast questions. When I took Oliver Lehman's set of 175 I was humbled to have missed so many (got 135 of 175). I found for most of the ones I missed; his references were to other texts, not PMBOK. This forced me into new material that I had to go look up and strengthened some areas of weakness. He pushes the envelope with some PMBOK definitions however, see the Post Mortem Thread in the Exam Discussions. I missed three of these because he limited the definition of "Post Mortem" to projects terminated early. I also went slightly over the time, so thanks to Anne for posting this shorter timed version. Perhaps I can show improvement on this round! I need to receive confirmation from the last of seven references then can apply for the exam, then the countdown begins...

-Bob
9 years 1 month ago #5155

Craig Arcuri

I found Oliver Lehmann's test to be a bit hard, but after a little research, I found that my scores were pretty good and that I may be ready for the test. The PM Exam Simulator tests were my primary tool for practice questions and were perfect for my preparation. But it was good to supplement that with free tests such as Oliver Lehmann and the Sean Whitaker test (also very good) and to see exam type questions presented in a few different styles. I thought the Lehmann and Whitaker tests did just that for me.
9 years 1 month ago #5153

Anne B

Free and no registration needed: Test your project management knowledge and get prepared for the PMP exam.

GOODLUCK: www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login