NEVER post copyrighted questions. Always state where questions come from. We take copyright violations very serious. Any copyrighted materials will be removed and the posters account will be deactivated.

TOPIC: CAPM exam outline question

CAPM exam outline question 1 month 1 week ago #22779

• Kayla Quijas
  • Kayla Quijas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am looking at the CAPM exam outline provided by the PMI and I am stuck on 4.6: "identify methods for project integration and knowledge management." I am stuck on this because the PMI has specifically noted that the PMBOK is not a methodology. It contains a standard for project management, but it is not a methodology. As such, it does not contain methods. It has tools and techniques, but not methods. Is this bullet point just worded oddly? Am I overthinking it? Is it just telling me to learn the techniques for integration and knowledge management? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

CAPM exam outline question 1 month 1 week ago #22896

• Linda De Boer
  • Thank you received: 2
G'day Kayla,

I am pretty sure you are not overthinking, it is apparently a common point of confusion. I hope that the article I am including helps to clarify it. Below is the link and the item within that page that might be relevant. The nutshell answer is that it is not a methodology, however it does include methods for you to apply where appropriate.

zenkit.com/en/blog/7-popular-project-man...yre-best-suited-for/
Specifically, check out number "7. PMI/PMBOK" might help. It's a bit too long to patch in here.

Let me know if this helps,
Linda
Linda de Boer, CAPM®
Manager of System Architecture
Owl Tree Operations Inc.
Last edit: by Linda De Boer. Reason: URL isn't saving correctly
Moderators: John Paul BugarinLinda De BoerMustafa Kirdök

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login