fbpx

Reply: CAPM Video Lessons

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM Video Lessons

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #20762

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Chad,

First of all, thanks for being a student and customer. I sincerely appreciate it!

Regarding your question: the 23 hours is the minimum number of training hours that PMI requires so that you can sit for the exam. And in October of last year, I spoke to Sierra Hampton-Simmons (Head of Certification at PMI) and she told me that their surveys indicated that most CAPM candidates spend "a lot more" in training and studying. This is in fact the reason, why PMI decided to make this change to the PMP exam: If you are CAPM certified, then you do not have to show 35 hours of training.

Also, please take a look at The PrepCast Module and Lesson Directory here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dt6PnIwh...aIM/edit?usp=sharing In particular, check out Column I where we recommend which lessons you should watch for the CAPM. You can skip those we list as "optional". It reduces the load somewhat.

I agree that it's still a lot to take in, but it will not only prepare you for the CAPM but set you up for a career in project management and it's your first step toward the PMP as well.
3 years 11 months ago #20761

Chad Rocker

I am just starting section 4 of the 13 lessons required for the 23 contact hours to take my CAPM exam. There are in total almost 200 videos to complete this. I believe this will take way more than 23 hours to watch all these videos. Why is that, if I only need 23 contact hours?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login