fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the CAPM on my first try, all domains above target

Passed the CAPM on my first try, all domains above target 2 months 2 days ago #31206

• Alejandro Crohare
  • Alejandro Crohare's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone

Just wanted to inform that I have passed the CAPM test on my first try, all domains above target. It's being a long journey of studying, taking courses, practice exams but believe me it was worth in the end, also to know that this opens up more opportunities than one can imagine.

Passed the CAPM on my first try, all domains above target 2 months 1 day ago #31208

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Alejandro! Appreciate it if you could share tips on how you aced your exam.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

Passed the CAPM on my first try, all domains above target 2 months 1 day ago #31209

• Alejandro Crohare
  • Alejandro Crohare's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Rochelle

I'm pretty sure you've seen the countless videos, the forums of different people sharing how they passed their CAPM exam. For me it started with taking a couple of courses on Coursera to get started with Project
Management fundamentals (Google Project Management Specialization and SkillUp Tech Modern Project Management) The 2nd course provided with a simulated CAPM exam.

From there I did my research online of what study aids, programs I could get involved with to help me understand further the topics so I did the following:

Got 5 books to read ( PMBOK Guide 7th edition, Business Analysis for Practitioners, Agile practice guide, PMI Guide for Business Analysis and The Project management answer book) some sites would also recommend the CAPM Exam prep
Once you get the books I would say schedule your test 8 weeks out so you have enough time.
I read the books in this order (PMBOK Guide 7th edition, Agile Practice guide, PMI Guide for business analysis, Business analysis for practitioners and The project management answer book) highlight take notes on terms and charts to know the meaning and visualize the sequence of work. Read the glossary at least a couple of times to further understand the terms.
Once your done reading the books sign up for some exam simulators ( pocket prep and PM Prep Cast) I used pocket prep religiously because of the features it has (you can sign up for just a month subscription and that's all you need) like the question of the day and the quick 10 question quiz, all this is to keep you sharp and get some idea of the type of questions you will see.
The PM prep cast is also very helpful to gauge the sequence of the questions and you can practice in how well are you able to handle 150 questions in 3 hours.
Depending on your life structure and study habits for me I took every chance I had to read and study (lunch brakes, evenings and weekends) not everyone will do the same but it helped me to do the exam simulations at the end to further see how much I have understood and also focus on the my weakest subjects.
And lastly believe in yourself, a positive attitude goes a long way because they were moments that I got frustrated with an equation or a term but hang in there and simply relax because 150 questions in 3 hrs is long but it can be done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rochelle Martinez
Moderators: John Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login