fbpx

Reply: Passed the CAPM exam on the first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the CAPM exam on the first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 weeks ago #29158

Mona Nelson

Hi, you said that you created a template but I don't see it. I am having so much difficulty comprehending/retaining the info.
2 years 1 month ago #29114

Stan Po - Admin

Fernando,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 1 month ago #29112

Fernando Pacheco

Hi everyone!

Last Thursday I passed the CAPM on my first try with an average of Above Target. Thanks to PM PrepCast as it was a crucial part during my preparation to take the exam.

Here are some tips that helped me prepare for the exam:
  • Contact hours: In my case, I decided to take the PMI online CAPM training called Project Management Basics - An Official PMI Online Course. I took each module at my pace while reading the PMBOK to understand better each Knowledge Area.
  • Learn from people who passed the exam: As soon as I enrolled with PM PrepCast the first thing I did was to read the CAPM Exam Lessons Learned. Since this is my first certification in a long time, my study habits were a bit rough but reading through the Lessons Learned forum and through everyone's experiences, it helped me develop a study plan that worked for me. I highly recommend reading this forum as it has valuable information that will be helpful to prepare for the exam.
  • Take notes: While reading the PMBOK it was important for me to take notes of important topics including the ITTO's for each knowledge area. I've created a template (attached) that helped me gather the notes and review them the next day prior moving to the next topic.
  • ITTO's: Taking notes helped me understand the definition and what is the purpose of each ITTO. In addition I've dedicated additional time in understanding the relationship of the ITTO's among the knowledge areas and where they are used.
  • Practice, practice, practice: The Exam Simulator helped me a lot in understanding what is been asked and be aware of the topic that the question is referring to in order to select the correct answer. After each practice exam, I've dedicated time to review each topic (notes and PMBOK) for the correct and incorrect answers as it helped me understand better each topic. Once I've reached a target of 85% or above on each simulator test, I was ready to take the exam.
  • Time to prepare: In order to prepare for the exam I dedicated 3-4 hours a day including Saturdays. Been consistent and committing to a specific time and days was key for me to maintain a study habit and to plan the exam date.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish all the best of luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login