fbpx

Reply: How I did it

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I did it

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24831

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations on passing the CAPM and good luck for your PMP next month!
3 years 3 months ago #24822

Pass CAPM, Above Target, First Try

's Avatar

I am mum with 2 little kids so my study was only during late nights and pretty slow towards actually PMP but what I did and why get CAPM:
1) Study All Rita Mulcahy Book (3 months)
2) Read PMBOK 6th (3 weeks)
3) Study Achieve PMP - Diane Altwies, diane White (2 weeks - I had to speed up as my exam was scheduled)
4) Did PMP Certification Course but not from Prep Cast (unfortunately)
5) I did 4 full tests in FastTrack for PMP scored 75% (I know I should get to 80% but I was run out of time)
6) went for PMP and failed - a lot of Agile questions.....horrible filling
7) I took CAPM to check if I have a base and to build up my stamina but decided to try other simulator then FastTrack as I didn't have questions from Agile there.
8) luckily I bought PrepCast, I did it in 4 days - full 650 questions - read all answer which I marked as I was not sure the answer and all which I did wrong, read why correct answer is correct but also why others are wrong, then I did short practice tests each one 10 questions just from those which I did wrong and went threw about half of them before exam
9) I did my own flow of ITTO'S using those from PMBOK but putting all processes on one big paper ex. all plan,manage and control Quality on one sheet with its flows - then you can really see the connections and understand it (Risk and Integration on 2 pages but I could lie them side by side and see how it is flowing), Knowing ITTO'S will help with a lot of questions on CAPM exam (on PMP I think it is less important questions are different). I didn't learn all PMP or Documents which are as imput or output, you can chose correct answer by process of elimination if you know all main ones really good and the flow of information

9) I PASS pretty easy all Above target this Saturday - again I had bunch of questions from Agile but thanks to PrepCast I knew enough to answer all questions this time.
10) I bought PrepCast for PMP and will start this Monday to work with it + reread Agile from PMBOK as I didn't pay attention too much on that, but it is important part.
11) BTW English is my second language since about 9 years so I spent a lot of time on translations but if this is something you are struggling as well do some sticky notes with english vocabulary from PrepCast!!! it is really important as one word can change totally the answer, PrepCast have a lot of tricky but helpful vocabulary on exam I was ok only 3 or 4 questions were unclear.
12) My second try for PMP sometime in December - please if you read this keep fingers crossed for me.
13) I BELIEVE IN YOU if I could do it YOU CAN TOO!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login