fbpx

Reply: Do all 49 Processes Have 1 ITTO?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Do all 49 Processes Have 1 ITTO?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15999

Cornelius Fichtner

Yes. 588 works as a rough figure.

But don't forget that they often repeat. For example, the project management plan is an input or output to probably half of the processes.

One thing that I always recommend to my students is for them to read the glossary of terms found in the back of the guide. Read 3-5 pages every day. First, this is a very concise introduction to all the ITTOs and second, it gives you the language and background of all those 'odd terms' that the Guide is using. It'll help your understanding.
5 years 3 months ago #15997

Martin Premont

Ok thanks So in theory it's around 49x12=588 items to remember?
5 years 3 months ago #15989

Cornelius Fichtner

Martin,

Yes. Every last process in the PMBOK Guide has a section for Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs. But not just one of each... off the top of my head I would estimate that (on average) every process has 3-5 Inputs, 3-5 Tools & Techniques, and then also 3-5 Outputs.

And yes, that is indeed a lot to learn. But once you understand not just which ITTOs we have for each process, but more importantly WHY we have them, then things become much clearer fast.
5 years 3 months ago #15987

Martin Premont

Just like the tittle says!

If so that's a lot to learn!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login