fbpx

Reply: CAPM Success

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM Success

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 week ago #16838

Florence Lacore

Thanks a lot for sharing your Mind Map!
5 years 8 months ago #14686

Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

Congrats. :)

I'm aiming for the PMP myself, keeping the CAPM as a possibility if my PMP application doesn't get accepted. I love how we all make our own diagrams and spreadsheets and things. Great job on yours, and thanks for sharing!
5 years 10 months ago #14185

Tanya E. Johnson

Hello everyone!
I did what they always tell you not to do, which is not set a date for the exam ... I actually had a date and pushed it back until it was announced that the exam was changing from the 5th to the 6th edition. So I finally buckled down and hit the books! I use the PM PrepCast as my main tool because Cornelius' is voice is very soothing! I complemented with Rita's book and Head First, which I borrowed from my local library, for topics that required a bit more from me. I had already done a single pass of the PMBOK last year.

I am a visual and tactile learner so it was important for me as I was listening and watching the PM PrepCast to take notes and draw out the concepts. I created mind maps for each knowledge area as I went along, and reviewed them regularly as I continued in my studies. I've enclosed the one I created for the introduction/framework. They definitely got more intricate the further along I went into my studies.

Though I was sitting for the CAPM exam, I studied mostly PMP material, as from what I understood prior is that the CAPM exam is based more on book smarts and concrete knowledge of the processes, while PMP is mostly situational. I did have situational questions on the exam but I was pleasantly surprised by how few there were.

Cornelius and many others have said it; memorizing the ITTOs is not enough! I found that instead of that order, I learned the Inputs and then the Outputs first, which helped me understand and remember the associated Tools and Techniques.

My exam was at the start of May and I was successful!! Best wishes to everyone studying, you can do it!
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login