fbpx

Reply: Why can't you use resource leveling if no more than 3 employees can work on a free holiday?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Why can't you use resource leveling if no more than 3 employees can work on a free holiday?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #13833

Daniel Blossey

- Resources that work on projects on a holiday are often paid at a premium rate. In an effort to control cost, many projects restrict or limit resource use on holidays. Which of the following techniques can be used to ensure that a company policy that specifies that no more than 3 employees can work on a holiday is not exceeded?
A.) Resource leveling
B.) Resource smoothing

B. is correct.

Explanation:
- not A: Resource leveling adjusts the start and finish dates of activities based on >>resource constraints<< to balance the demand for resources with the available supply. For instance, delaying the start of an activity which would have caused resources to be >>over-allocated<<.
- B: Resource smoothing is a technique that adjust the activities of a schedule model so that the requirement for resources on a project do not exceed certain predefined >>resource limits<<, for instance, the number of resources that are >>allowed work on a holiday<<.

What is the difference between resource constraints and resource limits?
- me: resource constraints = after 8 hours of work I have to sleep
- me: resource limits = max. 3 people are allowed by PM

I still don't understand why you can't use resource leveling?

Thank's!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login