fbpx

Reply: After PMP what to study for CAPM in exam March

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : After PMP what to study for CAPM in exam March

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12471

Matthew Snow

This is great info. I really appreciate it and I'll listen to the podcast tomorrow.

Tell Justine I said hi!
6 years 4 months ago #12470

Cornelius Fichtner

Matthew,

Ah. That makes a lot more sense! In that case your question arrives at the perfect moment, because it was just yesterday that I published an interview with Alicia Burke, Global Program Manager for PMI-ACP, on this topic.

Please visit www.project-management-podcast.com/index...-is-changing-in-2018 to listen to the interview. Here is a copy of the show notes:

The Agile Practice Guide was released together with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition in September 2017. As a result the Project Management Institute (PMI)® wil implement a "lexicon update" to the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® exam om 26 March 2018. This is to ensure that exam lexicon is consistent with the new guide.

This interview with Alicia Burke (LinkedIn Profile) was not recorded at the grand PMI Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois because we had scheduling conflicts. So we recorded it via Skype after the Conference. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMI-ACP exam.

Although the PMI-ACP is not a test of the Agile Practice Guide, it will become one of the references for the exam. This means that students preparing to take the exam after the change can expect to see lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam to be consistent with the guide. Students planning to take the exam after the change are advised to use PMI-ACP exam prep materials that are updated to the new guide.
6 years 4 months ago #12469

Matthew Snow

Sorry Cornelius, I meant ACP. I just got CAPM stuck in my head...Disregard plz.

I'll be purchasing the Agile PrepCast as well for this study. You PMP videos and exams are fantastic so I have no hesitation.

Thanks for the ultra quick reply!
6 years 4 months ago #12468

Cornelius Fichtner

Matthew,

Before I answer... Am I correctly understanding that you want to first take the PMP exam and then second take the CAPM exam as well?
6 years 4 months ago #12467

Matthew Snow

Hi,

I have my PMP exam scheduled for a couple weeks from now and I am confident that I will pass (with a great deal of thanks to the PM PrepCast). As I understand it my study of the PMBOK is a good preparation for the CAPM except for some Agile info not covered in the PMP exam. I will be purchasing the Exam sim for CAPM as well and plan on taking that exam in March.

Is there other supplemental material you suggest studying for CAPM?

Will the upcoming changes to the PMBOK guide cause any issues studying for CAPM for a March exam?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login