fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Math Questions on CAPM exam

Math Questions on CAPM exam 10 years 10 months ago #3306

• SANJIV KALKE
  • SANJIV KALKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello
I am planning to take the CAPM exam soon. The PM-Prepcast has been a huge benefit.
Q: How many math questions are asked on the CAPM exam. I am aware there are 25-30 math questions (formula based) on the PMP exam. The PMBOK guide does not list many formulas (communication, earned value etc.). Can someone let me know. Highly appreciate.

Math Questions on CAPM exam 10 years 10 months ago #3307

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Sanjiv,

Yes... the CAPM exam is a knowledge based exam that is 100% based on the PMBOK Guide. So if you know and understand the formulas in the PMBOK Guide (and are able to apply them) then you will do just fine. The questions with formulas will be rather straightforward calculations.

However... I cannot say how many formula questions you will have on your exam, because the exam is random. You may see 1, you may see 5, you may see 7. It's just a matter of "chance", how your particular exam is composed.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login