fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: CAPM course or PMP course for CAPM exam

CAPM course or PMP course for CAPM exam 12 years 14 hours ago #2744

• Howard Davies
  • Howard Davies's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I am currently studying for the CAPM exam, and have been doing so for the past 3 months.

I have been systematically working my way through the PM Prepcast (which has proved to be hugely beneficial - Thank You Cornelius!) alongside reading the PMBOK, Rita, using the ITTO game (iOS mobile app), and undertaking a number of online exam simulators.

I have been offered the opportunity to undertake a classroom based course prior to taking the exam, and have two options:

-The Complete PMP (5 days)
-CAPM Examination Preparation Workshop (2 days)

I was wondering whether anyone could advise as to which course would prove more useful to me in regards to the CAPM exam.

I have spoken to the registered education provider, although I am unsure as to whether their advise is geared towards helping myself as an individual, or for their own benefit (they advised CAPM, although this would ensure that I also attend the PMP course in future when studying for the PMP exam).

Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edit: by Howard Davies.

Re:CAPM course or PMP course for CAPM exam 12 years 9 hours ago #2745

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Howard,

My recommendation:

1.) Only take an in-classroom course if you feel that the PrepCast and self-study is not sufficiently preparing you.

2.) If you decide to take an in-classroom course then select the correct one. You are preparing for the CAPM exam, so take the CAPM course because it is targeted at helping you pass the CAPM exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:CAPM course or PMP course for CAPM exam 12 years 9 hours ago #2746

• Howard Davies
  • Howard Davies's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Cornelius, your advice is very much appreciated.

1.) I feel that it is sufficient, and should therefore maybe reconsider to decrease the risk of over-study.

2.) I suspected that this would be the correct course of action although needed a second opinion.

Again, thank you for your time.
Last edit: by Howard Davies.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login