fbpx

Reply: capm sample exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : capm sample exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2392

Nagarjuna challa

Hi Friend,

Thanks for your detailed reply. which ritas book ...pmp or camp exam prep you are referencing in your mail

Regards,
Nagarjuna
12 years 7 months ago #2386

Gianni Pucciani

Hello,
As promised I wanted to give you more details on my CAPM exam experience.
I seat for the exam the 4th of July, in Geneva (Switzerland).
It took me something like 2 months to get ready, with something like 3-4 hours daily effort. My background is in Information Engineering and Computer Science, a Ph.D, 7 years of professional experience and ITIL and ISTQB certifications.
Scheduling the exam online with prometric was very easy, and I could schedule my exam any day of the week in August! With the possibility of changing the date 48 hours in advance, through the online system.

I passed the exam, and completed the all the 150 questions in 2 hours. The last hour I spent it reviewing around 20-25 questions I had marked. I was in a small room with other 3-4 persons doing other exams. It was not noisy, but I would suggest to bring some ear plugs just in case.
I started the preparation using the PMBOK and the Prepcast video. This was an excellent way to get into the topics, and build the bases, and at a very good price! :). The lessons are very well done. The only thing I would suggest is to add some more practical examples during the lessons, to match the theory to real PM experiences.

After that I used Rita's book, to start preparing the exam, and a reviewing some topics in the PMBOK a second time. I found the shuffle game in the book very useful to find out my knowledge gaps, like differences between 'performance reports' and 'performance measurements' and other tricky stuff like this. Then, in the last week, with Rita's fastrack exam simulator, I was doing an exam simulation per day. With 5 simulations, I was always above 85%.
This simulator is very good to get used to do the exam, keep your concentration for 3 hours, and answering 150 questions in that time.
I was very disappointed :angry: however with the fact that this software does not give you the possibility to use 150 different questions every time, meaning in different exams you find ~50% of the questions that you already answered in previous exams; so you end up memorizing some answers. I called the support but they told me it was not possible to use the available 600 questions in the software to make 4 different exams. I think this is a big limitation, had I known it I would have looked at other software.

To sum up, I was feeling confident enough during the exam. I enjoyed preparing the exam, and I think it provides a good foundation for professionals wanting to get a better approach to project management.

I hope this will help people getting ready for the CAPM exam. And thanks a lot to Cornelius for providing the preparation videos and all the other resources.
12 years 8 months ago #2299

Gianni Pucciani

Hi,

Thanks Cornelius. I then ordered the CAPM Exam Prep by Rita Mulcahy. I already read half of it and it seems to me a very good book to prepare the CAPM exam. I bought also the exam simulator,
I will give a better review after the exam ;)

Regards,
Gianni
12 years 8 months ago #2288

Nagarjuna challa

Hi,

is it good book

CAPM IN DEPTH:
CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT STUDY GUIDE
FOR THE CAPM® EXAM

Regards,
Nagarjuna
12 years 8 months ago #2282

Nagarjuna challa

Thank you
12 years 8 months ago #2263

Cornelius Fichtner

Gianni,

Well... you could ask for "overnight delivery" from Amazon. That's pretty fast... :)

Many bookstores carry this book on their shelves, so you could check there. I also believe that www.rmcproject.com offers a CAPM simulator for download. That might be an option.

Else I'm sorry to say that I'm not really up to speed on CAPM products.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login