fbpx

Reply: The New CAPM Exam is Coming - Simulator Editions for Old and New Exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : The New CAPM Exam is Coming - Simulator Editions for Old and New Exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 months 1 week ago #30501

Cornelius Fichtner

The CAPM Exam is changing on 2023-Jul-25. If you take your exam before this date, then you are taking the old exam. If you take the exam on/after this date, then you are taking the new exam.

During this transition phase there will be two versions of our PrepCast CAPM Exam simulator available to our customers. One for the old exam and one for the new exam. They are clearly marked during checkout which one is for which exam.

Below is the FAQ with our recommendations and policies for the transition period. However, please note that this is a developing situation. We will update/change/add/remove items in this FAQ as the situation changes.

FAQ for The PrepCast CAPM Exam Simulator

What CAPM Exam Simulators are available?
  • The "old" CAPM Exam Simulator if your exam is scheduled before 2023-Jul-25
  • The "new" CAPM Exam Simulator if your exam is scheduled on/after 2023-Jul-25

When is the last day that the "old" exam simulator can be purchased?
  • 2023-Jun-25

When is the first day that the "new" exam simulator can be purchased?
  • 2023-May-15

Should I take the CAPM now or wait until it changes?
  • If you are asking this question before June 15th 2023, then we recommend that you take the old exam. (40 days should be enough to get exam ready)
  • If you are asking this question on/after June 15th 2023, then we recommend that you take the new exam. (Less than 40 days might not be enough to get exam ready)

What if I fail the old exam, will I have to take the new exam?
  • Yes. In the past, PMI has always had a "hard" changeover date.
  • All exams taken on/after 2023-Jul-25 will be the new exam. No exceptions.
  • Please note that this is PMI's rule, not ours. We are simply following their lead.

Can I still buy an extension for the "old" simulator?
  • 60-day extensions are available until 2023-May-24
  • 30-day extensions are available until 2023-Jun-24

Can I buy an extension for the "new" simulator?
  • Yes
  • Extensions for the new simulator will be available starting 2023-Aug-15

I purchased the "old" simulator but now have to take the "new" exam. Can I get an upgrade to the "new" Simulator?
Yes. Starting 2023-Jun-25 you can contact our support team and request an upgrade. You must meet the following conditions:
  • You have not yet passed your CAPM exam
  • Your CAPM Exam simulator is active (not expired or never acticated)
  • Your request is sent to support no earlier than 2023-Jun-25 and no later than 2023-Sept-25

Please visit www.pm-prepcast.com/support to submit your request. You must include the name & email address on your current CAPM Exam Simulator account. You must also include the statement "I have not yet passed my CAPM exam" in your request.

The support team will review and validate your request. If you qualify for an upgrade then they will manually add the new simulator to your account. It may take up to 5 business days for our team to complete your request.

Can I get a refund?
  • The refund policy is specified in our terms and conditions, which you accepted during your purchase.
  • If you send us a refund request that meets those terms and conditions then we will issue a refund.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login