fbpx

Reply: CAPM Changes

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : CAPM Changes

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 10 months ago #29422

Brad Richardson

I'm currently studying for my CAPM exam and will be taking it in November 2022. This is after PMI makes the changes to the exam for CAPM in October. Do I need to switch to PrepCast 7 to reflect these new changes to the exam?
2 years 3 months ago #28798

Cornelius Fichtner

In my professional opinion, I don't think that PMI is going to update the CAPM from PMBOK 6 to PMBOK 7. This is because the CAPM is an entry-level exam and the new PMBOK 7 is "too strategic" to use as the basis for that type of exam.

I think that PMI will release a new ECO that will focus on the "fundamentals of project management", and that the "future CAPM" is going to test your understanding of these fundamentals, not if you understand the contents of a book.

Let's wait and see how right or wrong that expectation is.
2 years 3 months ago #28797

Linda De Boer

G'day Chelsey,
PMI has not yet announced when the exam for Edition 7 will be available and currently recommend Edition 6 as per the link below.
www.pmi.org/certifications/certified-associate-capm

I come from a strictly IT background, so I know from experience, that navigating all of the threads can be a challenge. If you are not in a hurry then one option is to study the Edition 7 until the exam becomes available. However, if do need your CAPM sooner, then go for the Edition 6.

I have also contacted PMI directly last week, on behalf of someone else and was unable to get a solid confirmation on the lead time that they will provide ie; 6 months according to the website.

I am sorry that I cannot provide a better answer. I have my CAPM, however I am hoping that a PMP might also jump in with their input for you.
2 years 3 months ago #28795

Chelsey

's Avatar

Hello! I am just starting the journey into apply, studying and taking the CAPM exam. I see that there are changes coming in 2022 so I am not sure if I should buy the 6th edition book or 7th edition. I am coming from a medical background, but have a little experience in PM. Any guidance on what would be best to buy and how long people typically study for? Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login