fbpx

Reply: Halfway through my 2.5mo CAPM Study Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Halfway through my 2.5mo CAPM Study Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 8 months ago #28068

Elizabeth Harrin

Hi Claudia
Sorry I didn't see this before now. Each person takes a different length of time to prepare but with 40 days I think you have a good chance. Don't worry about ITTOs, as most people in this forum report that they don't get questions on those. I would go for it. Do a couple more weeks and then see where you are - you're using the exam simulator, right? That should give you confidence.
2 years 8 months ago #27978

Claudiu Fulga

Dear All,

hope everyone is doing alright.
Let me briefly tell you about my story. I decided to tackle the CAPM in June.
On June 25th I enrolled to Joseph Phillips Seminar, then bought the PMBOK Guide and went through it while taking the seminar. I also scheduled my exam for September 11.
My average study time is 2/3 hours per day, constantly.
Beginning of July, I purchased Pocketprep app and started doing mock exams. After 2 weeks or so, I started scoring 70%+ on average. I think I took more than 1000 questions in total (some of the questions repeated).

I finished the Joseph Philips seminar and reading the PMBOK Guide on August 1st.
Halfway through my study plan and 40 days to go before the exam I don't feel confident at all, especially hearing that the real exam questions are really hard. I really suck at ITTOs and some concepts still confuse me.
Therefore, I decided to purchase Prepcast CAPM Simulator and Rita Mulchany's book. I am skimming through Rita's book while using Prepcast Simulator, but my scores are low, much lower than Pocket Prep.
Especially on processes - it seems I really need to invest a lot of time in ITTOs (I don't score more than 30-40% currently).

With 40days to go, at an average of 2h per day, do you think I can get my self ready for the exam? Or should I postpone it? Honestly, I would not like to postpone it, as my goal is to finish this as soon as possible and enjoy some free time with no learning.

Thanks for your tips

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login