fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Thank you PM PrepCast! And tips!

Thank you PM PrepCast! And tips! 2 years 10 months ago #27408

• L Burke
  • L Burke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks to PM PrepCast, I just passed the CAPM with above average in all knowledge areas. The CAPM exam questions was an integral part of my preparation to take the CAPM. In fact, once I learned the basics of CAPM after taking a class, the PM PrepCast exam questions became the most critical factor in my success. Drilling myself with these questions and using different length practice tests allowed me to learn about the question structure, how to think about the questions, and provided lots and lots of practice.

I took the PMI CAPM training but wasn't particularly impressed. If I would have taken the test based on my learnings from that course, I would not have passed. I then read and studied the PMI PMBOK guide, Head First PMP, and Rita Mulcahy's CAPM Exam Prep. Rita Mulcahy's CAPM Exam Prep was the best of the books/guides. In addition, I found some free resources online that were quite helpful.

The hardest part for me was twofold: reading the PMBOK Guide -- monotonous reading, and memorizing the basic steps for each knowledge area -- tedious. Since I wasn't focused on the test the whole time, it took me about a year to feel ready to take the test.

The PM PrepCast simulations exams were fun, exciting, and challenging. It was my favorite part of the preparation! Oh, and I was able to extend my access month-by-month as needed.

I'm glad to be finished and ready to expand my project management work!

Thank you PM PrepCast! And tips! 2 years 9 months ago #27597

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations! I hope this certification helps expand your project work just as you would like.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Thank you PM PrepCast! And tips! 2 years 7 months ago #27981

• Claudiu Fulga
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats!
How much time did you study, overall?
Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinCoy Studer

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login