fbpx

Reply: PrepCast Extra Information

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PrepCast Extra Information

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 5 days ago #26853

Markus Kopko

Hi Angelica,

the PMBoK Guide is one major PMp Exam preparation source and reference, but only one of many.
The Agile Practice Guide for instance is another one.
And there are many others on the official reference list ...

And if you do have a look at the so-called PMp Prep Books - like the well-known Rita's and others - they also cover a lot of stuff that is NOT in the PMBoK Guide, especially with the new PMP Exam Version.
So, just focussing on the PMBoK Guide will not do the job.
Yes, it is a lot of stuff to work through, but PMP Exam is not an easy task.
And since you do not want to read all those books, you decide to buy a prep book or the PMPRepCast or doing a Prep Course, right?
So, especially if we are talking about the PMPrepCast,I would STRONGLY recommend NOT to skip any slides or videos!

And by the way, the "old" PMPRepCast alone - unfortunately - will not be enough to cover all the material you need to know for the Exam ...

Just my 2 Cents ...

Markus
3 years 1 week ago #26791

Angelica Valera

HI all, anyone who has taken the exam already... will the extra information in the PrepCast be included? For instance, Resource Management... there are extra slides including more information that doesn't seem to be covered in the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. Same with Cost Management I believe. If the information isn't included in the exam, I'd like to consider skipping until after passing so I can just focus on the information from the PMBOK Guide. Reading the outline from PMI.org, it seems it doesn't include those items? But that was done back in 2018 it seems... is the outline still the same more or less?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. I understand the additional slides of information is still project management knowledge to retain, but for the exam itself... not sure if I want to add more to my study guide than I already have. If the information isn't covered on the exam, I can go back later.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login