fbpx

Reply: Exam Retake Timing

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Exam Retake Timing

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24834

Linda De Boer

G'day Graham,
Many certifications do have a wait period and one almost needs a chart to keep track of the requirements for each. In the case of the CAPM, I believe that you are correct and there is no wait. For the PMP you can apparently try up to 3 times in a 1 year span and then you must wait 1 year before trying again.

Best of luck, but I'll bet you don't need it. ;-)
3 years 3 months ago #24821

Graham B

Thanks Linda. That page indeed looks familiar. It seems that even if I have a mishap, a second test should be quick to pay for and schedule again. I had started thinking there was a wait / cooling off period following one test, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks again.
3 years 4 months ago #24762

Linda De Boer

G'day Graham,
I found this link and am also copying the specific reference that I found. I hope it helps, but if not, please feel free to post again and I will retry to help.
www.pmi.org/certifications/certification...1b-bca4-c6612c424c05
The above link had the particular excerpt below, but I had to scroll down to the bottom to find it.
How do I schedule for an online proctored exam?
Before you can schedule your exam you must submit your application payment. Once payment is received, you will then be eligible to schedule your online proctored exam. Log in to PMI.org and navigate to “Review Application Status” under myPMI. Click "Schedule Exam". You will be directed to schedule your online proctored exam through Pearson VUE.
3 years 4 months ago #24761

Graham B

Hello,
Not being negative as I haven't even taken my exam (looking for a date slot in 2 weeks and have already paid), but I was aiming to have my CAPM passed by the end of the year. If it doesn't go to plan, how quickly can I re-schedule either for a VUE centre or home proctored? I can't seem to find the page where I thought I saw this mentioned on the pmi.org site.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login