fbpx

Reply: Agile in CAPM (Last Minute)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Agile in CAPM (Last Minute)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 months ago #24775

Linda De Boer

G'day Nimi,
If you are a member of PMI, then you can log into the pmi.org website as yourself.
- go to "PMBOK Guides & Standards --> Foundational Standards" - there you will find the link to download your courtesy copy of the PMBOK
-Then you can, go to "PMBOK Guides & Standards --> Practice Guides" and there you will find the link to the "Agile Practice Guide".

Please note that all of the guides available to you for download from the PMI site as a courtesy of membership, are encoded with your membership ID upon download. Do not lend them out or publish them in any manner.

Please let me know if you have any issues finding this.
3 years 3 months ago #24773

Nimi

's Avatar

Hi
Are you referring to Agile Section in PMBOK?

Where can I find PMBOKGuideAgilePG.pdf and AgilePracticeGuide.pdf ?Thanks.
3 years 6 months ago #23502

Linda De Boer

G'day Max,

I just read and responded to your post with the lessons learned. Congratulations again!
3 years 6 months ago #23500

Max Mueller

Hello Linda, Hello to anyone else checking this out now,

I passed the exam AT, see my post in the lessons learned for my full post but let me just quickly add here - PLEASE REVIEW AGILE WELL!
3 years 6 months ago #23450

Max Mueller

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your response. I will make sure I have those covered. Just passed my 3rd practice exam at 83%, so I hope it will go well. Some final prep now and then you will (hopefully) see my lessons learned etc. on the other CAPM Exam Lessons Learned soon.

If anyone else has recent exam experience from CAPM and takeaways in regards to Agile, I would still be very appreciative!
3 years 6 months ago #23447

Linda De Boer

G'day Max,

Anyone else out there, just in case I miss something, please weigh in as well.

Try under " www.pmi.org/certifications/types/certified-associate-capm " and look at the bottom-right section under "CAPM Exam Guidance". There are three items that might help, the Exam Content Outline, Sample Questions and the Handbook. It does appear that some Agile questions are asked. However, if the training was based on the 6th Edition of the PMBOK, I would think that they would have included that as well.

I did a quick search of the PMBOKGuideAgilePG.pdf that I had downloaded, when I was prepping to study the 6th Edition (waiting on the 7th now instead). It does have Agile references in it. This is in addition to the AgilePracticeGuide.pdf which is also available. I believe that you would only need what is in the former, the PMBOK. I compared some of the objectives to the content in the PMBOK using a search on the PDF to determine this.

I do hope this helps. If not, please feel free to repost and I will help as best I can. Or maybe someone else will weigh in on this too. For now at least, best of luck, sounds like you worked hard and "have this". .

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login