fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on my 1st attempt, AT*3, course=2w, mock=1w

Passed on my 1st attempt, AT*3, course=2w, mock=1w 9 months 13 hours ago #30691

• Anthony LE DOUGUET
  • Anthony LE DOUGUET's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
When I decided to take the PMP exam, I had a very limited time to study and take the exam : 3 weeks !
So here is how I did to get PMP certified during this time frame.

Course (2 weeks)
I studied with the 35h PMP Exam Prep course on Udemy by Andrew Ramdayal (TIA) ==> So good : everything you need to know, no less, no more !
To make sure I didn't miss out on anything, I read some guides later on (PMBOK 7, Agile PG, Scrum Guide, Agile Manifesto) ==> I didn't learn anything new, the Udemy course really shipped everything !
I managed PMI eligibility and exam scheduling during those 2 weeks ==> I got eligibility in 48h (didn't get audited, otherwise my timing could have been messed up), and scheduled online testing to have an appointment quickly and exactly when I was available.

Mock exams (1 week)
I chose the Prepcast exam simulator for taking mock exams before the actual exam.
After trying half a dozen simulators out, I picked this one for below reasons :
  • Best market value when considering number of questions/quality of questions/price
  • Number of mock exams available (deluxe version)
  • Quality of the interface
  • Quality of feedbacks on each question
I took 1 mock exam per day ==> It's exhausting, but it's the best way to know how to manage your effort on D-day and have accurate metrics to compare to an exam-like situation
Truly, this simulator is amazing for at least 4 reasons:
  • The exact same wording, pitch length, difficulty level and ambiguity level as the question I got on the real exam ==> totally uncanny : the exam felt like yet another mock exam on the Prepcast simulator
  • The interface is as close as could be as the one you'll get on D-day
  • The feedback you get on each question (and on each proposition of each question) is really thorough and means a great deal when studying for the exam
  • I performed exactly the same at the exam than on mock exam : AT on each topic, with seemingly 80% overall success (judging by sight on the exam score gauge)

And here you go, PMP certified in 3 weeks top ! :woohoo:

Cheers

Passed on my 1st attempt, AT*3, course=2w, mock=1w 9 months 12 hours ago #30692

• Sameer Menda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Anthony,

Congratulations on passing your exam!!

Thank you for sharing your success & lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Sameer Menda | PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM II
Community Moderator

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed on my 1st attempt, AT*3, course=2w, mock=1w 8 months 3 weeks ago #30714

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Congratulations Anthony! You are definitely an outlier when it comes to preparation time, and I would definitely not recommend this to anyone. It's a very impressive feat to start from scratch and have It all done in 3 weeks, so kudos to you. Enjoy the PMP designation and all the best in your professional journey!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login