fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed the PMP Exam | 1st Attempt | 3AT

I passed the PMP Exam | 1st Attempt | 3AT 1 month 2 weeks ago #31242

• Wayne Nguyen, CSM, PMP
  • Wayne Nguyen, CSM, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For my preparation for the PMP exam, I had purchase the Prepcast Simulator Deluxe. As I re-read and studied each of the knowledge areas in the PMBOK, I made sure that I took all the quiz questions that were available in the question pool for that knowledge area each week. I went back to all the questions that I missed and even the one's I got right and review the explanation that Prepcast had provided which was clear and easy to understand. Doing this really helped me re-enforce my knowledge in each Knowledge areas for project management. 2 weeks leading up to the PMP exam, I took the 4 practice Exams and had a chance to retake them again the day before the PMP exam. Make sure you understand that there are three 60 question blocks and you are given two 10 min breaks if you choose to take it. The most important thing that the Prepcast simulator prepared me for was to pace myself in each of the three blocks and how to skip the question if I didn't know the answer and come back to it to review before time ran out for that block. This really helped me prepare mentally for the exam as it is long and you will at time loose focus unless you train yourself to zero in on the questions being asked and mark it and move on to make good use of your allowed time. The key is making sure you take all the quizzes and the exam questions in the pool. Although, the questions are not a 1:1, it gives you a very good idea of what you may be expecting on the PMP exam and Prepcast does a very good job creating that enviroment for you.

Last, know your SCRUM/Agile because you will need to know how to incorporate agile, waterfall, predictive, adaptive, and hybrid development approaches as a majority of these questions are scenarios.

I passed the PMP Exam | 1st Attempt | 3AT 1 month 1 week ago #31246

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Wayne! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader

I passed the PMP Exam | 1st Attempt | 3AT 4 weeks 1 day ago #31269

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Wayne,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam, and thank you for sharing your experience in this forum. Any piece of advice helps future aspirants and gives them confidence to continue on their path of getting certified. Sounds like it is time to pop that Champagne bottle ;)

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login