fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on my first try!

Passed the PMP on my first try! 5 months 2 weeks ago #30966

• Danielle Berg
  • Danielle Berg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I thought I would share my lessons learned, as I found it helpful to read through other people's lessons learned before taking my exam. I took my exam on 11/8/23 after going through all the PrepCast videos and taking three of the practice exams. I studied for a total of 3 months roughly, mainly using practice quizzes and flashcards that I made from the PMBOK 7th Edition glossary. I did not read the PMBOK guide, Agile Practice Guide, or any of the other recommended resources. However, I should preface this by saying that I graduated with my bachelor's degree in project management in 2020, and most of my schooling was based off of the PMBOK 6th Edition. With that being said, I just barely passed with above target in the business environment, at target in the process domain, and below target in the people domain. On the practice exams I obtained a 60% on the first one, and I received a score of 67% on the following two. I felt as if I weren't ready for the exam, but I am 37 weeks pregnant and wanted to ensure that I took the exam before I went on maternity leave. I don't think many of us ever feel quite ready to take an exam of this stature. I could not have passed this without taking the practice exams and going through multiple rounds of practice quizzes on the PrepCast. So, thank you for the wonderful learning platform! It is much appreciated. I'm ecstatic to say that I passed on my first try and at the age of 25! Gaining my PMP has been my goal since deciding to go to college for project management. However, I never thought I would obtain it this early in my career.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philipp Schneider, Giv Mesgarzadeh

Passed the PMP on my first try! 5 months 2 weeks ago #30969

• Sameer Menda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Danielle,

Hearty Congratulations on passing your exam!!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

We hope this success would have given you much needed relief & joy before going on mat leave. Take the time to enjoy every minute of your maternity leave with your new baby.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Sameer Menda | PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM II
Community Moderator

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed the PMP on my first try! 5 months 2 weeks ago #30977

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Danielle,

Huge congratulations on passing the PMP exam! Hats off to you for pushing through while being so advanced in your pregnancy. I wish you all the best in your professional and personal life with your new PMP and baby on the way. Lots of celebrations to come!

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login