fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam with AT on all 3 Domains - First Attempt

Passed Exam with AT on all 3 Domains - First Attempt 7 months 4 weeks ago #30775

• Kimber Pittman
  • Kimber Pittman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently passed the exam and wanted to pass along my knowledge here as well. Overall, the exam was extremely easy compared to the exam simulator. Don't get me wrong, I spent over 73 hours in the exam simulator, read the PMBOK, Agile Practice Guide and the Process Groups Practice Guide and I was still getting 70-75% on my practice exams. I was extremely nervous going into the exam from reading posts saying you should be getting over 80% before feeling ready to take the exam. I also had read that many people could narrow the answers to two answers on the exam and it was tough to differentiate the right answer but that was not my experience with the exam. I felt that way on the exam simulator practice exams but it seemed very obvious what the correct answer was on the actual exam.
My advice to anyone getting ready to take the exam is to not stress on what scores you are getting on the practice tests but ensure you have a basic understanding of project management principles and you will be fine. You don't need to memorize all the formulas (I only had 3-4 formula questions on my exam).
Hope this helps and good luck!
Last edit: by Kimber Pittman.

Passed Exam with AT on all 3 Domains - First Attempt 7 months 4 weeks ago #30777

• Beto L
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much for providing your feedback here and congrats on your PMP :)
I am 1 month now studying and also taking the quizzes here. I have done 800 questions of the quizzes. I always select "timed" and "include exam questions". My average is about 60-65% maximum up to now.
I haven't tried a full exam yet. I will try this weekend.
So, the 75% that you were getting is in the 4 full exam practices that we have available here in the platform?
In your real exam, how was the balance of questions? 50% Predictive and 50% Agile?
Thanks and congrats again! :)

Passed Exam with AT on all 3 Domains - First Attempt 7 months 4 weeks ago #30778

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Kimber,

Thank you for sharing your experience in this forum and huge congratulations on passing your PMP exam. I agree that the simulation exams are good gauges for where you're at in your knowledge of the concepts and how confident you are with respect to stamina, but as you pointed out, the exam is very different and as long as you do your homework preparing well for it, you will see the fruit of your hard work. You are a great example of that. Now it's time to celebrate! :)

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

Passed Exam with AT on all 3 Domains - First Attempt 7 months 4 weeks ago #30779

• Kimber Pittman
  • Kimber Pittman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I was getting 70-75% on the full 4-hour practice exams in this platform. I would say yes, 50/50 predictive and agile. I think this exam simulator is great as they give details in the questions to help you pickup whether the question is referring to predictive or agile that by time you get to the exam, it is second nature to pick up on those key points and you don't even have to think about it. Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login